Has your business grown from a one man band and you’re now considering employing someone?
Have you employed your first staff member and unsure what your obligations are as an employer?
Do you have to process your first employee pay but don’t know where to start?
The Payroll for Small Business course covers it all.
This introduction to payroll course is the first step for every small business owner thinking of (or already) employing staff. It equips participants with all the knowledge they will require when employing. From registering as an employer with the ATO, full time vs part time vs casual, setting up their payroll programs to remitting super payments.
Topics that will be covered:
- Before employing staff
- Contractor vs employee – what’s the difference?
- ATO registrations
- Contracts – award vs non-award
- The National Employment Standards and how it affects you
- Forms and documents you need to provide
- Paying your staff
- Choosing the right program for the job
- Setting up your employees
- What information needs to be on a payslip
- Payment Summaries
- ATO Annual Reports
- Important Dates
Each participant will be provided with detailed notes of what they have learnt on the day.